Sharp has developed various product lines based on their policy of becoming a totally environmentally focused company. All series have been developed as a “Common Platform” utilizing common mechanical parts, boards, consumables, software and controllers as much as possible. Thus, less power is required to sustain company activities, resulting in reduced energy consumption.
Thanks to new toner technology, toner consumption can be reduced substantially. As a result the package size of colour toner has been reduced by 79.5% and the toner cartridge life has increased to 36%. The latest product lines provide the capacity for toner recycling; all used toner returned to Unity is forwarded to Sharp's designated recycling facility for remanufacturing to minimize landfill waste.
In order to reduce unnecessary waste Sharp has taken steps to use recyclable plastics. Within Sharp equipment all plastic parts are clearly labeled with material names and characteristics. Caution and operation labels are reduced as much as possible and are now embossed onto the material rather than printed as labels.
Unity Business Systems in partnership with Sharp Electronics feel that protecting our environment can be made in small local steps to create larger global effects. We hold these values true in our daily behavior.
At Lexmark, they design with the Environment in mind. Lexmark strives to be an environmentally responsible provider of products and services. From the way we design with the environment in mind, to how we engineer our packaging to reduce materials, all the way to the collection programs we provide and our environmentally progressive approaches to recycling
Lexmark is making a difference:
- All of Lexmark's manufactoring sites are certified to the ISO 9000, ISO 1401, and OSHAS 18001 standards.
- Lexmark's environmental programs keep millions of pounds of solid waste out of waste stream annually.
- Lexmark has cartridge or equipment collection programs available in over 50 countries with various methods of returns.
- Lexmark recovers millions of used cartridges each year via the Lexmark Cartridge Collection Programs to be either reused or recycled.
- Lexmark products have been awarded many eco-labels including German Blue Angel and US Energy Star certifications.
- The longer lasting yields of Lexmark's high yield cartridges allow customers to spend more time printing impressive documents and less time changing cartridges
- The Fairmont Empress
- Better Business Bureau of Vancouver Island
- Victoria Cool Aid Society